Chocolate Supplies, Equipment, Techniques, News, and Events
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Chocolate Travels - Chocolate University Online: Chocolate Immersion at Walt Disney Resort
CUO Chocolate Immersion at Walt Disney World® Resort, February 7-12, 2014. This trip includes 5-nights lodging at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, a truly luxurious experience in itself. Within walking distance (or a short monorail ride) to the Magic Kingdom, “students” will have easy access to all of our special events. All attendees (students and guests) receive 5 days admission to Walt Disney World Resort with “park hopper” privileges.
What Will You Learn on This Chocolate Trip?
Pastry Chef Jeff Barnes
During two days of hands-on chocolate class, you will learn chocolate tempering, discover success in how to make a variety of chocolate ganaches, and experience the process of molding chocolate candies. You will also make chocolate decorations, including chocolate flowers and curled chocolate.
By joining us on this journey, you will broaden your natural love of chocolate by creating your own luscious chocolate dessert, modern chocolate candies, chocolate decorations, and a chocolate centerpiece.
Upon your arrival at our Walt Disney World Resort’s chocolate immersion school you will be supplied with an apron and necessary tools for the chocolate class.
During the classes, you will work closely with one of Disney’s top chocolate professionals. And, upon conclusion, you will take your chocolate candies and chocolate centerpiece with you (unless, of course, you’ve eaten them already). You will walk away with the knowledge and expertise to produce your own similar chocolate creations in the future.
Your Time With The Disney Chef Includes…
The history and origin of Chocolate
How Chocolate is made
How to produce a Chocolate Entremet
Make Chocolate Ganaches
The production of Chocolate Candies
Innovative and modern Chocolate Decorations
Production of a Chocolate Centerpiece
But there’s still more to tantalize your chocolate-loving self…
Here Are The Exclusive Extras You Get Only Through This Trip…
Bryn Kirk with Chocolate and Wine
1. Two exclusive chocolate recipe preparation lessons and tastings with an award-winning Disney pastry chef. This experience is designed exclusively for our group by Head Executive Chef Robert Gilbert, Master Chocolatier Chef Barnes, the Disney Event Group, and Chocolate University Online.
2. A visit to the World of Chocolate Museum, the first of its kind, only in Orlando, Florida. (For students and their guests.)
3. A chocolate and wine pairing seminar lead by CUO instructor Bryn Kirk. You will be amazed by the way some of the flavor notes within chocolate and wine intertwine to create new taste sensations. You will be able to offer similar pairings with your friends when you return home.
4. An exclusive gourmet chocolate-themed finale dessert reception in our own reserved space with un-obstructed view of Epcot® Illuminations: Reflections of Earth night show. Whether you have seen this show in the past or not, the perfect view combined with chocolate dessert is sure to be a highlight of the trip. (For students and their guests.)
5. Our own exclusive on-site Disney travel expert (not a Disney employee) providing concierge service to help you make the most of your time at Walt Disney World Resort, offering insider tips, tricks, and individualized advice. Since this trip is on Disney property, you might as well enjoy all that Disney has to offer with secrets that are not known to the masses.
6. Constant access to Bryn Kirk, your Chocolate University Online instructor, who will always be on hand to talk chocolate and answer your individual questions.
7. A welcome reception and gift bag upon your arrival. (The gifts will include useful items for your chocolate making such as a spatula, chocolate comb, thermometer, and more.) You will also receive a copy of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World® Resort 2014, shipped to you in advance of the trip.
Everyone who registers as a “student” will receive all of the above benefits. Students may bring guests as well. Guests are on their own during the exclusive events, except for the World of Chocolate Museum and dessert reception at Epcot. These two events are included for students and their guests. Guests may also join the chocolate and wine pairing seminar for an extra fee.
To preserve the quality of the exclusive experience, this trip is limited to 20 “students” and 30 of their guests, no more than 4 guests per student.